1 November 2011

Pinhole Camera by Vera Lutter



Vera Lutters photography is inspired by the city’s presence, light, and architecture.
Her art works (silver gelatin prints) are negatives made by transforming room into a camera obscura. Because of ethereal platinum tones her photographs looks quite melancholic. 
Using just simple photosensitive paper she had changed popular landscapes, such the Manhattan, for abstract spaces never seen before.  
For example comparing normal picture of Cheops Pyramid taken by millions of tourists and taken by Lutter.



First one seen by millions, taken by millions. Just a picture of the pyramid. Lutter changed point of view, to make it even more interensing, bit mysterious.
I did research of her pinhole photographs and she inspiered me, and somehow pushed me to don't give up with my camera obscura idea. 
I'm quite upset about everyday surrounding, so in my project I want to bring some more abstract and fun to everyday landscape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment